Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy January!

Welcome, 2012, I wasn't sure I was ready for you.  Apparently, though, my readiness matters not; here we are anyhow! 

We are home from Montatna, and had a lovely visit.  I did get to snowshoe back into the land where I had seen the moose on horse, and I DID get to see the moose again, closer this time.  Sadly, I didn't get any good photos. There were lots of reasons why I didn't, but essentially it boils down to not wanting to disturb the moose too much (and be accidentally charged upon in the process).  Needless to say, a quiet snowshoe in the woods with another moose sighting was a magical experience.

Now I find myself in a quiet place; between the chaos of the holiday shipping/creating rush and the next cycle of sales.  I have taken this time to rest, actually.  But now I find that it's time to clean up the studio and get my finances in order.  Tonight I am excited to go see a seminar called, "Sacred Economics," which is being led by Charles Eisenstein.  I'm interested in what he has to say because I feel that my business model does not fit neatly into the conventional mold, and truth be told, I don't want it to.  Mr. Eisenstein asserts that an economic model that encourages community, conservation, quality of life and love is a more sustainable model than the one that is currently promoted.  I believe that with all my heart; the question is: how to implement it and still make a living?  How can I bring this into my personal and professional financial life?  I can't wait to find out!  I will report back with what I learn.


Victoria said...

Welcome back... so happy that you got to safely see Mr. Moose again. :)

The seminar sounds very interesting. I heard someone on Tv recently talking about how they predict in the not too distant future our current way of thinking in terms of how to run a successful businesses will be replaced with a new vision of one that focuses on exactly what your Mr. Eisenstein is asserting. Hope it catches on. Sounds like a path to a much happier and healthier world!

juglans said...

Happy January to you! I also have a lack of readiness for some things in my life now. I hope you enjoyed the seminar!

picciolo said...

Hi Colleen, I'm jealous of the snow shoes, they sound amazing! I don't blame you for not wanted to disturb the moose, they look huge, and I bet it was magical to see them. How was the seminar? It sounded perfect for you

Carol said...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the seminar. Thanks for sharing all that you do!